Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Blessed ending of 2007

Last evening the Sauve family dined at a feast provided by the Lord of all creation. We enjoyed a hearty meal of Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, squash, rolls, salad, jello and of course gravy! We all were thoroughly stuffed at the end and had a blast cleaning up as Josh video taped and Baby entertained us! The remainder of the evening was spent in playing a few games, Dad proclaiming his blessing and prayers on all us children and then we tried to put down some more food as I had made Chocolate Eclairs for dessert along with the best ever home made eggnog!



Faith preparing Dinner.



Josiah playing with the Jello!





The table all set and ready...


The whole family!


"...So can we eat now?.... Hey don't blow out the candles!...Wow, I'm getting stuffed looking at all this food!"


The aftermath! Who murdered the Turkey?!!!


The most delicious!



As another year is dawning, we pray that as our LORD God has so richly blessed our family, we pray that He will also bless you, our dear friends and family, and show His GREATNESS, LOVE, HOLINESS and SALVATION to you all this coming year!



~We sang this hymn on Sunday. It is the last hymn in our songbook. Though it does not talk about the end or beginning of the year it is a life song.




When morning lights the eastern skies, O Lord, Thy mercy shows;
On Thee alone my hope relies, let me Thy kindness know.
Teach me the way that I should go; I lift my soul to Thee;
For refuge from my cruel foe to Thee, O Lord, I flee.
Thou art my God, to Thee I pray, Teach me Thy will to heed;
And in the right and perfect way may Thy good Spirit lead.
For Thy Name's sake, O gracious Lord, Revive my soul and bless,
And in Thy faithfulness and love redeem me from distress. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cherished memories spent with precious family ringing in the New Year! Charity, I would have never guessed you knew how to make ecclairs! And to top it off, egg nog! When will we next see your family? I missed seeing any of you at the Lapeer Civic Orchestra Christmas production. It was a wonderful evening on the Saturday when we attended. May our loving heavenly Father bless you with abundant life in 2008! -John 10:10.

Sauve Family Blog said...

Hello Jeriah!
Actually Grace made the dessert...sorry I forgot to sign my name! Sorry if Faith's pictures is confusing too as she is wearing Charity's apron.

Hope to see you all again soon!

God Bless you all this new year!

Grace