Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Note from John

Sorry I didn't put this on earlier...Here is John's first week report.


Hello Family and friends,
The Lord has been good to me, my first week in Korea being completed. I thank you all for your prayers and wanted to give you a little update of how things are going, my responsibilities, and prayer requests. I arrived safely here in Seoul Monday night and thankfully did not suffer any major effects from the long flight. I have been gradually finding my way around Bundang (pronounced poo-dung) (suberb of Seoul). The family I am staying with the Kims are extremely kind. They have two children, a 15 year old girl and a10 year old boy. The culture here has a lot of differences but Brad says I am adjusting well.=) My primary duties right now are assisting Brad with his communications to the States and next week I will be starting editing a English teaching program for Korean homeschool students. Study wise I will hopefully be taking the Macro and Micro economics CLEP tests within the next three or four weeks. I would appreciate all your prayers as I continue to adjust. Specifically if you would pray for me to have better concentration studying, to often my mind strays outside or back home, I am used to outdoor physichal labor and activities, so it is a bit of a challenge getting into a studying mode. Also if you could pray for safety I walk 30 minutes to work each day and not being able to read or speak Korean, makes it difficult to ask for directions if you get lost. Once again I appreciate all your prayers and I miss you all. I will keep you posted and look forward to seeing you all in July when I return.
Have a blessed weekend and Lords day.
Sincerely, John Sauve

No comments: