Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Chicken and the Egg

Hallelujah!! The Chickens are laying eggs! We have been collecting 6-8 per day, the last few days. Most are quite small, but are getting bigger every day. It is so satisfying to have your own source for home "grown" eggs!


Here is a sweet little Buff thinking about it.



She gets some company from a pesky Rhode Island Red. They argue in subdued chicken voices for a while, before the Red finally decides to move to the next box.



Well, pluck me and call me a chicken!! Did I just do that!!



A precious egg! Free-range, organic, fertile . . .chicken egg. Yum!



Here's looking at you, Chick!




~ Faith

1 comment:

ward said...

"It is so satisfying to have your own source for home "grown" eggs!"

I think I kinda get the same feeling when eggs go on sale at the walgreens across the street from us. I know they arnt the same type egg and all, It's just nice walking over to "our" walgreens and picking up the eggs and milk and bread, and bringing them home for french toast! Yum Yum!!
-Eleazar