Friday, December 25, 2009

A frozen world.

One cold morning, before John came home, Josiah and I ventured outback to check out the pond and river. This is what we found.


A frozen world.


We were thrilled to find the pond completely frozen over!


After playing around with the camera for a little while, Josiah gave it to me and began to blissfully "skate."


"The Waltzing Skater"

So the next morning Faith ran out with Josiah and I to go ice skating!


First though we had to clear off the snow which had fallen on the pond during the night. As soon as both of them had stepped on the pond, ominous cracking sounds were to be heard coming from the ice beneath their feet. We therefore decided to only allow one person at a time on the pond to minimize the danger.


So skating was disqualified at our pond but two of us were able to skate some at our neighbors and enjoyed it immensely.


I promise to post some more soon about the things we have done with the boys, and there will be a lot to tell, I assure you. I will try not to make you wait to long;)

~Chs

No comments: